Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 8 August 2018 –Yahsat, the UAE based satellite operator, announced today the launch of YahClick Wi-Fi Enterprise Solution in partnership with Italian Wi-Fi cloud management software provider Tanaza. The announcement coincides with the signing of an agreement between the two companies the terms of which allow Tanaza’s cloud based Wi-Fi management platform to be used along with YahClick Wi-Fi Enterprise Solution across YahClick’s footprint.
The solution provides a cost-effective, high-speed, and reliable Wi-Fi solution developed to address the connectivity requirements ofenterprises, NGOs, governments, and communities across Africa, the Middle East and Central and South West Asia. Featuring a simple multi-user management platform and seamless access for the end user, the solution also promises to drive sustainable socioeconomic development by providing reliable high-speed connectivity to remote schools, clinics, and government offices as well as facilitating humanitarian aid and relief operations.
“In our fast-paced, always-on world, it is crucial that organizations of all kinds perform at peak productivity and therefore receive uninterrupted, high-speed internet connectivity”, commented Farhad Khan, Yahsat’s Chief Commercial Officer. “Many of the public and private-sector organizations we serve operate in the remotest parts of the Middle East, Africa, and Central and South West Asia, where high-performance internet connectivity is not readily available. With the launch of YahClick Wi-Fi Enterprise Solution, we look forward to supporting even more users with an internet service they can depend on.”
“We’re excited to see Yahsat using our software to deploy cost-effective high-speed WiFi hotspots” declares Sebastiano Bertani, Tanaza CEO. “And we love the idea of contributing to a better world by serving public and private organizations in remote areas with our WiFi cloud management platform. This distribution agreement will create a wide range of new opportunities for socioeconomic development across multiple continents.”
Yahsat provides multipurpose satellite solutions (government and commercial) for broadband, broadcast, government, and communications use across the Middle East, Africa, and Europe in addition to Central and South West Asia. Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and wholly owned by Mubadala Investment Company, the investment vehicle of the Government of Abu Dhabi, Yahsat is the first company in the Middle East and Africa to offer multi-purpose Ka-band satellite services including:
- YahClick - offers broadband satellite solutions for home and business
- Yahsat Government Solutions - offers managed solutions and government capacity
- YahLink - offers IP trunking solutions, corporate networking and backhauling capacity
- Yahlive – a joint venture between Yahsat and SES, offers premium services to broadcasters and a select choice of TV channels
Yahsat’s first satellite Al Yah 1 was successfully launched in April 2011, and the company’s second satellite Al Yah 2 was successfully launched in April 2012. With its third satellite, Al Yah 3, launched on January 25th 2018, the commercial Ka-band coverage has extended to an additional 20 markets reaching 60% of Africa’s population and over 95% of Brazil’s population, marking the company’s first entry into Brazil.
For more information visit www.yahsat.ae
- ●Simplicity: zero-touch deployment, easy configuration and remote monitoring of Wi-Fi access points from a single web interface
- ●Scalability: no limits in the number of simultaneous connected clients, login pages, vouchers emitted
- ●Freedom: supports a wide range of brands and models of devices, both indoor and outdoor, including TP-Link, D-Link, Netgear, Mikrotik, and Ubiquiti
Tanaza includes a proprietary hotspot management software, which features:
- ●Captive portal functionality
- ●Branded, fully customizable splash pages for users’ login
- ●Social login (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others) and social-actions-based authentication (Facebook Like and Facebook Check-in/Post)
- ●Analytics Dashboard showing insights and detailed user information
- ●Multi-role voucher-based authentication system for paid Wi-Fi deployments